Wednesday, July 2, 2008

LOVE: a poem inspired by joint sunday school

Baby, I can't tell you how much I love you
but I will try.

Baby, when I first met you, I thought you were classy
and kind
but I did not want to kiss you.
but now I have repented,
and I would be willing to kiss you,
maybe even on the mouth.
(eyes closed)

Baby, holding your hand is like a sideways handshake.

Girl, you and I share many common interests.
and that is why
I would like to create a reasonable budget with you
and manage our expectations

together.

Girl, I would like to go grocery shopping with you
and understand that when we pass the Sizzler,
that you want to go in.
Even if you just ask me if I am hungry.

Lady, spending our lives together is an entirely
reasonable proposition and I find your company
to not be objectionable.

Lady, marriage is not fun, so let's do it together.

And that is what I mean when I say
"I love you."

2 comments:

Damian said...

man, whoever wrote that sounds bitter.

Lizzy said...

I think it sounded pretty great! ;)